Wednesday, August 01, 2012

New Word for BITW - Shadow

Happy August everyone.. for us aussies it is the last month of winter, and I for one am looking forward to getting these frosty mornings over with!!

New month.. new challenges all over the place...

The new Word for BIRD IS THE WORD is SHADOW... so many possibilities to use this word in your title or journalling.. pop over and check out the DT layouts, and I hope you get some inspiration and give this challenge a go..There is a beautiful kit from Paper Stories to be won..

Now my layout using the word shadow...

I took a few photos at sunset December 31 last year, the last remaining rays of sun for 2011, (what a year!) and I used this photo, I thought it worked for the word shadow...

The shadow of your smile...

and a closeup..

The pink and cream flowers are stamps which  I cut out and put liquid pearls as centers, and layered a few with foam tape, the flourishs are the really old kaiser wood ones painted black and a MS punched edge around the photo with kaiser rhinestones..

Thanks for taking the time to come by, I know the beginning of the month gets off to a galloping pace at times!! and thank you for your lovely comments too!!

15 comments:

  1. Lizzy the photo is just perfect& love the little flowers, fabulous work

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.. Lizzy that photo is just amazing... and you hcve scrapped it perfectly.. I love the stamped flowers.. I have a stampin up flower similar, you have inspired me to drag it out, and use it :) thanks... have a wonerful week ... bring on spring !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! how perfect is that photo for this challenge! Your page is fantastic. I love your little stamped flowers with the liquid pearl centres.....just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo of your daughter and love the flowers you have stamped and cut, I have some of those Kaiser Wooden flowers and they look great in black!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....what a stunning layout! What a fabulous photo perfect for the challenge. Love all your flower clusters too! Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous LO!! Love how you used the black to accent with this silhouette photo, so perfect for this challenge!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning photo - & just perfect for the 'word'...I'm sure there's a song about the shadow of your smile. This almost looks like a cameo piece....LOVE how you've made your own flowers, they work soooo well:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! gorgeous layout and awesome photo. Love it all Lizzy, have to keep going back to look at it, beautiful layout

    Cheers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lizzy, I love this one, that is such a clever and thoughtful photo and you have used it perfectly with the word teamed with all your usual beautiful touches makes this one a stunner! I may just have a new fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Lizzy, this is striking!! I LOVE the sillohuette photo...so perfect for this!! And what a gorgeous array of blooms..amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect page for this challenge and so quick to!
    byeeeeee,lean

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Lizzy this is just gorgeous, love the colors and that photo is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page Lizzy and what a gorgeous photo!! Checked out some of your previous posts.. so many gorgeous LO's!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect photo for this word and just gorgeous LO!! I loved it too as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an intriguing photo, really so gorgeous! Beautiful take on the challenge, the soft sweet colours really stand out wonderfully against the black. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!