Thursday, August 28, 2014

Once Upon A Sketch and The Scrap book Store sketch August

A big Hello to you today! SO nice you called by!

The August challenge for Once Upon A Sketch is to use this sketch..
and to create about the men in your life.. Well I have created a layout about the man I have known the longest... My Dad.. and the theme for this one is about him being a country boy at heart.. He lived on his farm for more than 70 years and he really was so sad to leave it.. Every chance he can get he loves to go for a drive into the country side.. and he used to be a wonderful horse man and he used the Clydesdales to work the land when he was a lad.. So I have used 2 different photos, one of when he was a boy with his horse Don, who incidentally I rode when I was little..and at a recent family wedding where the Bride arrived in a horse and carriage.. and when Dad went to give the horses a pat, I got some photos..

Always a country boy at heart..


and I have created a layout for the August at The Scrapbook Store which I have used like this..




Happy girls are the prettiest.

Well I hope your day is going really well.. Thanks always for any comments you leave me too..

15 comments:

  1. WOW! Lizzy....these are both gorgeous pages. I love the background and your mix of papers and colours in the first one.....and those precious photos of your Dad. Gorgeous pics of your DD in the second and as I've said before.....you do purple so well. I always tell my GD's this quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOVE That quote...it's so true! And now I've got over my purple aversion, it tickles my fancy.....& the one you've done for us at OUAS....sigh. SOoooo full of love & I can just imagine your Dad almost yearning for the land....it must be well & truly running in his veins....& those hessian flowers? YUMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bet you've done the link to FB! Just in case you haven't, here 'tis:
    Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two magnificent pages Lizzy. The one about the country boy and his horses brought a tear to my eye, because it brought back memories of my own Father's passion for his land and his animals. Then your pretty girl in her glorious garden, looks radiant. I could almost be a purple convert. Thanks for the inspiration. Love, love, love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both layouts are beautiful, Lizzy, but I have to say the one about your Dad is probably one of the best ones you've ever done in my opinion! I love it! You made a perfectly masculine layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, such stunning layouts Lizzy! What a wonderful layout about your dad. So happy that you entered the TSS sketch challenge too... love how you've used the sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Lizzy I really love your "manly" layout, beautiful background, photos and journaling....;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great layout of your dad. The background, and all the elements, are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that layout about your dad!! I bet it was so hard for him to leave after all that time!! Once you live out west that red soil becomes apart of your life and soul ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that bottom layout is just exquisite Lizzy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful pages Lizzy. The one of your daughter is a stunner xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pages and cool take on both sketches..great background work at the first page to.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super layouts Lizzy!! So different in style, I love it when it is not always the same. You used the sketch in a great way!! Thanks for joining us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I know I haven't been here for a while (life just got in the way) but I certainly remember now why I always enjoyed visiting your blog. Your work is stunning Lizzy! Two awesome layouts and so different from each other!! Your take on both sketches is absolutely stunning!! Pure magic!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Lizzy.....I just love the vintage photos of your dad, what a fabulous layout, it would look wonderful in a frame. #2 Your layouts are always the prettiest....love all the pretty purple flowers, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both beautiful! Absolutely love the autumny tones in the first one and they suit the photos so well....great take on the sketch :) the 2nd one with purple? Looks fabulous! That is one colour that I struggle with, but you make it look so easy! :) Beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!